Our awesome 10 day Northland roadtrip We are having a fantastic time and are currently halfway through our long-awaited family campervan trip around Northland, NZ. We picked up our VERY comfortable 6 berth camper van through Apollo Motorhome Holidays at Auckland last Wednesday before heading up the coast. It is a challenge to cram all that we have done in the past few days into a few words. We feel like we have been on holiday for weeks, not days, we’ve seen and done so much already and our trip is certainly exceeding our high expectations. Northland is such a beautiful and interesting place to visit, steeped in history and Maori culture. Here are a few of our family’s highlights so far:
- A stay amidst the immaculately kept gardens of Kauri Coast TOP 10 holiday park at Kaihu. A must-do here, if you get the chance, is to go on the guided night walk in Trounson Kauri Park. Although we didn’t spot any kiwis, our guide made the walk so interesting and we got to see eels and some massive cave weta.
- Stopping off to pay our respects to Tane Mahuta (which at over 2000 years old is NZ’s oldest tree and quite something to behold)
- Taking our campervan on the car ferry across Hokianga Harbour at Rawene
- Areal novelty and Rawene is the cutest little town with its colourful, historic buildings.
- Our kids catching their first edible fish for our dinner off the rocks at Whatuwhiwhi TOP 10. Great excitement all-round. Check out www.apollocamper.com/holiday to get everything sorted for your campervan holiday.