Ohakune TOP 10 welcomes responsible pet owners, with their dogs that are well socialised and properly cared for.
Dogs are welcome on our camping sites except during public holidays, school holidays and peak times. (Maximum of 2 dogs per site).
Your dog is here to enjoy your holiday with you, so please don't leave them to be unattended, lonely or sad (crying now at the thought) at your site. You have direct access from the park to the dog-friendly Jubilee Park Walkway, where you and your dog can have your daily workout.
Please note that dogs are not allowed within the Tongariro National Park boundaries.
It is our aim to ensure a comfortable, enjoyable and safe stay for al park guests.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY:
- Dogs must be contained within your site and on leads at all times within the park bounds.
- Dogs are not to enter any of the communal areas which include the communal kitchen, TV room, communal showers, BBQ, spa pool area and playground. Also, please do not leave them outside reception, even though we dearly want to see them.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended in the park at any time.
- All mess is the owner's responsibility and must be removed and disposed of properly.
- Any disturbances such as barking must be stopped as soon as possible to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced.
- Your dogs must be fully vaccinated, and a record must be available upon request.
- Your dog must have had both worm and flea treatment within a month.
- Your dog must not rush or be aggressive to any other guest of the park. No aggressive dogs of any breed are permitted to enter the park.
Unfortunately, we do not allow the following dog breeds into the park:
- Bull Mastiff
- Pit-Bull or any cross breeds
- Bull Terrier
- Staffordshire (by arrangement during quiet season only)