Russell TOP 10 Dog-Friendly Policy
We here at Russell TOP 10 Holiday Park love our furry friends and openly welcome them in our park. We do understand though, that some of our guests have a legitimate fear or dislike of dogs and as such, we have established a designated area for dogs in our park, as well as a clear set of rules in order for all of our guests to be able to exist in harmony.
The rules below are in place for the comfort of all of our guests and to ensure we can continue to allow you to bring your much-loved dogs on holiday with you. We have many children, and are also lucky enough to have some native birdlife in our park, some species of which are ground-dwelling and endangered, making these rules even more important.
- We have limited dog-friendly sites available. Maximum of 2 dogs per site.
- Native wildlife, such as Weka, Kiwi and other fauna find sanctuary at our park, therefore, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times whilst within the park.
- Dogs are allowed to stay in our designated dog-friendly areas only (marked on our park map). The only exception to this, is if you are walking your dog on a lead in and out of the park. Please use the most direct route to do this, using the park roads and not cutting through any communal areas or other guests’ sites.
- Dogs are prohibited from inside or around any non-dog-friendly accommodation or communal areas; including but not limited to; reception, amenities, laundries, camp kitchens and playgrounds.
- All mess must be immediately removed and disposed of.
- It is ok to leave your dog unattended at your site for short periods of time, as long as they are restrained and will not cause a nuisance in your absence.
- No excessive noise, including barking is allowed.
- All dog owners, whether you have expressly agreed or not, assume all liability regarding your dog being on our premises and indemnify us against all and any damages, all or any claims or other suits that may arise as a result of your dog being in our park.
We have these rules in place to ensure that all of our guests (included the four-legged ones) have a safe and enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you soon at Russell TOP 10 Holiday Park.
Please note: We do not accept any dogs during the Christmas / New Year School Holidays, nor over any long weekend.